Have you ever thought of running a marathon in Antarctica?? Yeah - neither did I....but sometimes I do crazy things.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Gear

I didn't realize how many things you need to think about when running in Antarctica.  Like being ready for basically any kind of weather and temperature.  I've been doing A LOT of online shopping lately.  Making sure I have clothes that will be warm enough for the South Pole. 

Apparently one year, the weather was mild for Antarctica and the ground wasn't frozen.  So they were running in ankle deep mud.  I would much rater run in freezing cold weather than ankle deep mud...but just in case - I got these:



Running gaiters to keep the dirt and mud off and hopefully from getting in the shoes!  It was suggested to get some in one of the emails we got about the marathon....

No comments:

Post a Comment