Have you ever thought of running a marathon in Antarctica?? Yeah - neither did I....but sometimes I do crazy things.

Monday, February 20, 2012

20 Miles

Or just under 20 miles.  That's going to be my longest run.  And it's what I ran this past Saturday.  I felt really good for the first 10 miles and actually did the Dish 2 and almost a half times to start.  By mile 14 though I was kind of wanting my run to be over.  But I pushed through it and reached my goal.  I did take a couple of walk breaks in those last 4 or 5 miles. 



I'm happy that I'm going to be tappering now.  My legs need to rest up before the marathon.  It's less than 3 weeks away! I can't believe it.  I leave in 10 days for Argentina!! I'm scared to death.  But I think I might actually be able to finish this thing.  I'm counting on some really good adrenaline, determination, and praying for as good of weather as we can possibly get down there!!  

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are going all the way there!!! That is so amazing!!! I'm so proud to say I have a friend like you that is so adventurous!! I wish I was. You will do AWESOME!!!! Make sure to stay warm!! I can't wait to see some pics while you are down there!! So Great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a very adventurous daughter. I will follow this blog faithfully and be helping out with the prayers for good weather for you. Yes rest those legs. Love you Mom xx

    ReplyDelete